[nabs-l] Invittation to participate in sex study

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 16:18:43 UTC 2011

I agree with you, Bridgit.  We need to discuss sex.  That's
important because in the book, Enabled Romance, people with
disabilities are considered "neutered."  They are considered
almost the same as we consider our pet puppies and kittens who
get spayed and neutered.  This is wrong.  Also, refer to a
previous thought provoker on the lists that spoke of a man
wanting to fix his daughter so she wouldn't have kids.  I
personally have read a book about that sort of thing, and it
pains me to hear through the book the cry of voices saying, "It
hurts to have sex with my husband because my whole body was
ripped to shreds by the Nazis."  Etc. etc.  That was what one
deaf woman said.  My current boyfriend and I understand that
through both the enlightening guie to romance and a good
understanding of what lovemking really is, we can do it.  So I
think sex is a welcome topic especially with disabled folks.
Beth
Beth