[nabs-l] Sex knowledge survey

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 21:54:27 UTC 2011

Beth,

Unfortunately, sex education is lacking for all people-- regardless of
disability, race and gender.  Most of us learn about sex through
friends, media and eventually personal experience.

It is important we encourage a healthy and balanced idea on the topic
for all people.  I don't necessarily believe it is the governments job
to educate on sex, but that is a topic for another day, another group!
*smile*

However, any information we can learn and/or provide about sex is
important for developmental purposes.  True, a survey such as this could
educate society on the "real" concerns and abilities for sex for the
blind, but we also want to ensure that the researchers are not directing
the survey to fit their perceptions-- if they exist.

I will no longer continue this discussion-- I apologize, again, for
beginning a dialogue.

Bridgit