[nabs-l] Slate & Style seeking book reviews

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:29:02 UTC 2011

Slate & Style, the Writers Division publication, is looking to revive
the magazine and publish better quality material.

I want to publish a few book reviews each issue since writers learn from
reading just as much as writing.

As students, I know you read a lot-- some required, some for leisure.  I
am looking for personal reviews that briefly summarize a book and
discuss some key/important elements of the book.  Essentially an opinion
piece.

If anyone is interested, the reviews are to be 1500 words or less.  The
books reviewed can be fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction or other
nonfiction books you find interesting.  If you have questions or
comments, contact me at bpollpeter at hotmail.com.

I am also eager to hear from any students who are studying creative
writing or journalism, or those who enjoy writing.  I can always use
pieces, or assistance, from those who have some kind of writing
background-- even if it is a hobby.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning Pollpeter
Editor, Slate & Style