[nabs-l] Obtaining electronic text

Nicole B. Torcolini at Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Feb 5 23:30:08 UTC 2011

Breaking up a PDF might not be a problem. However, especially if there is a
reasonably large number of other students with disabilities, the office
might not want to convert a PDF to a word document if it is readable with
Jaws without conversion. If you don't want to deal with the PDF and have
Kurzweil, you can run the document through the virtual printer. This works
better than saving as text because the formatting is not lost. Also, if the
PDF is protected, I don't think that you can save it as text.