[nabs-l] windows 7 navigation

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 6 23:20:19 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As I said before I am used to windows xp.  Going to windows 7 and its layout is worse than the microsoft ribbons.  I find jaws gets stuck in the ribbons sometimes and you can’t go backward to the last option.

The layout is weird.  How do you best navigate it?  For instance in the documents, there are two lists where as before it was one list and you could arrow up and down.  How do you get to the other part of the screen?  Jaws keeps saying tree view.  When I enter on the folder, it opens the folder, but all options/files are displayed in the other part of the screen.  Its confusing.
Is tab the best option? I pressed right arrow to open the “tree view” which is the way things opened before.  I  still did not see the options for that folder.  When you down arrow through the list, jaws says “level 2 something” and Level 3 something” etc.

Also after creating a subfolder in documents, how do you save to it?  I went to save in the file, shift tabbed back to the name of the folder, and pressed enter.  Enter is equivalent to clicking it.  This doesn’t work.  A family member told me the folder name was not highlighted so that is why it didn’t work.
You have to highlight it for it to recognize the folder. Thing is you don’t know if its highlighted.  In past microsoft versions if you were on a folder, it was highlighted.  You just listened to jaws to tell you where you were.  I could down arrow then up arrow to highlight it I suppose.
I found the last windows easier.
Ashley