[nabs-l] Obtaining electronic text

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Tue Feb 8 03:48:36 UTC 2011

I know the RFBND readers are volunteers. I appreciate all that they
do, but the last 5 or 6 recordings of textbooks haven't been their
best. They used to be better. The best book they recorded was my
Freshman English 1 book. I still believe that Braille is the answer.
I'm probably the only conservative NFB member on this list. I joined
the NFB last year, but I'm old school when it comes to Braille, and I
always will be. It's Braille or nothing at all! It bothers me that
most blind people that have just lost their sight in the past 8 to 15
years don't know Braille. That's in Arkansas. They won't take classes
at the Arkansas School for the Blind, or Lions World Services for the
Blind, they'd rather have computers read everything to them. I like
Jaws, and all of these computer programs, but Braille literacy should
come first. Maybe, I should join NAPUB, as well. Blessings, Joshua