[nabs-l] Obtaining electronic text

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:45:06 UTC 2011

Dave,

I have to disagree that RFBD narrators do okay.  For four years,
whenever I have to use RFBD books, the narrators have not been great.
They stutter, trip up on words, mispronounce words and often, they do
not have great speaking voices and some have been monotone.

I had an RFBD history book and the narrator mumbled so bad, it was
difficult to understand what he was saying.  I ended up buying the book
and scanning it.

It is an useful service, but I only use it when there is no other
option.

I am well aware that these marrators are volunteers, but just because
something is a volunteer service does not mean the quality should not be
great.  Not all RFBD narrators are horrible, but many are lacking in
their ability to read out loud properly.

Bridgit

Message: 30