[nabs-l] Blind Bubble?

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 19:52:00 UTC 2011

Hi all, I couldn't help but comment on the following.

"Let's say I fall in love with a
girl who happens to be blind...assuming she's a competent homemaker,
and assuming I have the skills to get a good job, and assuming we both
can travel independently where we need to go...great.  But because my
"dating pool" is almost totally sighted...that's probably not going to
happen."

I'm curious, in the example above, would any girl you want to be with
have to be a "competent homemaker," or is it specific to this
hypothetical blind girl?

Another question: There is mention of the dating pool being filled
with sighted women, am I correct to assume that you often, or mostly
have experience with dating sighted women?

Most people are sighted, so unless one is heavily involved in the
blind community, most of everyone's dating pool will be sighted as
well.

Thanks,
Alex