[nabs-l] nabs-l Blind Bubble

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 19:21:19 UTC 2011

Sean,
  I agree with a lot of what you're saying.  And, as I said, I admire
greatly people who choose to devote their professional and volunteer
lives to the blindness field.  We need that.  I respect it.
  But, as you said, it's not for me.  At least not as a major part of
my life.  Causes like interfaith dialogue and economic responsibility
mean a great more to me than blindness and, I assure you, have
impacted me on a much, much deeper level.  Yes, it is true that
blindness does mean more than hair color or eye color or what have
you...there are many other individual traits which impact me much more
than blindness.  I'm lazy, I'm outgoing (sometimes), I'm a political
Conservative.  I'm a Mormon.  I have a passion for the law.  I like
public speaki9ng and writing.  I am an Eagle Scout...and those values
in the Scout Oath and Law, which I hope I have even a little bit of,
effect me so much more than blindness ever could.  So, with respect, I
disagree that blindness is one of the most influential characteristics
in my life.
  As for a blind person's dating pool...you're right.  It certainly
could contain a lot of blind people, mine doesn't.  That's all I'm
saying.
  Take care,
Kirt