[nabs-l] assignments with copy editing

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 22:17:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I’m taking an online editing class.  We’re supposed to apply editing symbols to some assignments
Additionally we take tests in person at the testing center.  The professor said

“
The tests
“involve applying proof reading symbols to edit a document provided at the Testing Center. (A copy of the usual synbols will be provided.)

So how can I do this part?  I skipped over that symbol page when reading since its not text. Now I realize I need to use them.
I thought about enlarging them and trying to see them with my vision, central vision.  But what else can I do for this?
I’m reading with a reader.  Do I need to complete the visual work with a reader? Even then I can’t say reader draw a punctuation symbol because they don’t have names, at least I don’t think the symbols have names.

The class is technical editing so we’re supposed to write business corespondence and edit existing documents.
I’ll see if I cancopy directions from the next assignment so you see what its about.

Thanks.
Ashley Bramlett