[nabs-l] Rosetta Stone

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 05:31:01 UTC 2011

I have not tried their software, but from what I understand, their method of teaching language is highly visual in nature.  It involves looking at pictures/videos and saying out loud what is happening in the foreign language.  The idea is to get you to think in a foreign language by connecting what you see to what you are saying without translating to english first.

I haven't used their products but I checked out the program a couple years back because I was interested.  This was the understanding I got and it turned me off.

An accessible alternative is languagepod101.com.  They have courses available in a whole bunch of languages.  I have been using their russian site to try and learn some russian and it has been very accessible.

Hope this helps.

Greg