[nabs-l] Rosetta Stone

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 08:02:48 UTC 2011

I have tried a demo of Rosetta Stone on the web, and believe that it will
not work for blind users. Unless I am way off on how the program works, I
believe it shows pictures and animations and you select, for instance, the
appropriate verb to describe the action in the picture. My understanding of
how the program works is extremely basic, but it seems to be very much built
around interaction with visual stimuli. If anybody has information to the
contrary, I'd be glad to hear it. I'd also be interested in any suggestions
of similar interactive language learning methods that would work better for
blind learners.

Sean