[nabs-l] Rosetta Stone

Hannah sparklylicious at suddenlink.net
Sun Feb 13 19:59:32 UTC 2011

Hi All,
I'm not sure how accessible it is, but I'm definitely interested
as well.
I've used Pimsleur for learning Mandarine and a little Spanish in
the past and it is very accessible.  They are audio files that
can be purchased online or on cd.  Hope this helps and feel free
to ask questions.
Cheers, Hannah

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 00:31:01 -0500
>Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Rosetta Stone

>I have not tried their software, but from what I understand,
their method of teaching language is highly visual in nature.  It
involves looking at pictures/videos and saying out loud what is
happening in the foreign language.  The idea is to get you to
think in a foreign language by connecting what you see to what
you are saying without translating to english first.

>I haven't used their products but I checked out the program a
couple years back because I was interested.  This was the
understanding I got and it turned me off.

>An accessible alternative is languagepod101.com.  They have
courses available in a whole bunch of languages.  I have been
using their russian site to try and learn some russian and it has
been very accessible.

>Hope this helps.

>Greg

>On Feb 12, 2011, at 11:55 PM, Bre B wrote:

>> On 2/12/2011 4:05 PM, Jorge Paez wrote:
>>> Hi all:
>>> Just wondering,
>>> has anyone ever used Rosetta Stone?
>>> If so,
>>> is it accessible with Voice Over?

>>> Or JAWS?

>>> I'd prefer Voice Over as Mac's my primary system,
>>> but I could alwasy add it to the Windows side of things I guess.

>>> Thanks,

>>> Jorge

info for nabs-l:

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/jesusfrea
k262%40gmail.com
>>        Ah Yes, I have been wondering about the accessibility of
Roseta Stone.  I have jaws, but I am planning to get a mac at
some point.
>> Bre

info for nabs-l:

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/gpaikens%