[nabs-l] blindness rules

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 02:27:10 UTC 2011

Robby, true; if you're a new guest in a home, its common etiquette to be
shown around and the host will tell you where the major things are and then
lead you to the living room or where ever you're sitting down.
I, too, am just more cautious with my cane and ask if there are breakable
things in certain places.  But generally using the cane and modifying its
arc so its not so wide , is all that's needed.  I don't feel anymore at risk
or that something will be messed up because I'm almost blind.
I just enjoy the house; in some instances I'll go sighted guide as well.