[nabs-l] Fwd: Accessible stats software?

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:48:42 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Castillo <alexandera.castillo at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:45:28 -0500
Subject: Accessible stats software?
To: b-l at nfbnet.org

Hi all, some of you guys mentioned SPSS being fully accessible. This
was not the case when I used it. Yes, I had installed the java access
bridge and made all modifications.

Different versions of SPSS work differently with accessibility
software. What versions were you using?

Also, this has been posted before, but there is another program out
there called r which seems to have better accessibility. I have not
tried it. I believe it is open source, so you can download and play
around with it at no cost. it can be found at

http://www.r-project.org/

Thanks,
Alex