[nabs-l] question about identification of different items

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 04:06:15 UTC 2011

I definitely think an iBill, or some money identifyer,  would be
helpful, because sometimes my money gets mixed up, and I have to ask
someone. I have a wallet with a bunch of different pockets, I fold it,
or I organize it so that my money is in a stack from smallest to
largest bills, but this is hard, because you have to remember how many
of each bill you have, but it is convenient if you want to keep money
in your pocket or in a pouch on your key ring or something. I just
don't like to carry around purses, so that's why I do that, but again,
not always wise. You could keep different bills in pockets too.

I personally don't label my cards, but I haven't had to thus far. My
credit cards feel different, one is more slick than the other, but
putting a sticker on one wouldn't be a bad idea. I would just be sure
and have someone make sure you don't put the sticker over your
signature or over any of the numbers on the back.

I have a braille list of all of my credit card information. I keep
this at home, because typically, you don't need this information when
you're out, because you'll use your physical card.

And, I haven't really ever felt like I got ripped off, but that's just
my experience. If you look confident when you're making a financial
transaction, then that will help, but that is where using a credit
card instead of cash might help. You can check your bank statements
online to make sure your idea of what you spent lines up with the bank
has record of.

Cindy