[nabs-l] baltimore maryland

Kat Bottner kat.bottner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:28:28 UTC 2011

Hey Josh,
I've been back and forth to Baltimore from Delaware and like you, want
to move there at some point.  I've noticed that paratransit is better,
and yes they do have busses and just a better over all transportation
system.  I want to work at the Maryland School for the Blind as a
teachers's assistant, I passed the national certified test for the
state of Maryland.  I was three points off the needed score for
Delaware, but we don't have a school for the blind here, only a school
for the deaf, that does have a deaf-blind program , but it's not the
same as working in a school for the blind.
I'm very intrested in what Maryland has to offer the blind community,
I dont' think I've ever said I dont like something I've heard about
their services etc.  I have friends there, and they tell me nothing
but totally awesome things about the over all services, transportation
and any other general programs that people with disabilities can take
advantage of.
Another plus is that the NFB headquarters is in Baltimore as well, so
again, that's a reason for me to relocate at some point.  I hope all
this information helps, if you have any other question, feel free to e
mail me off list.

Thanks and take care,
Kat