[nabs-l] my career interests

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Jan 7 20:19:58 UTC 2011

Josh,

I went to the site and listened to the presentation, and I am extremely skeptical.  You simply can't get an instant degree that is worth anything unless they
are able to take credits you have earned and get them applied toward a degree somehow.  A Google search turned up an article that says
instantdegrees.com gets its degrees from Buxton University which is located outside the United states and is said not to be accredited in the United States.
You can look at

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2007/apr/05/diploma-mills-deserve-their-own-rankings/

if you are curious.  There is also a Wikipedia entry at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buxton_University

which fills in the picture.  These are both on the first page returned from a Google search,.  If something sounds too good to be true, it almost always is, so
always do research.  Besides, how do you think you would do a job if you didn't have the knowledge your degree says you have?  Sure, not all jobs use all
of one's degree, but you would certainly use some of the training applied in a degree.

On another subject in your note, it is good to have an idea of what you want to do, but there are only so many help desk jobs to help blind persons.  I would
probably want to think more broadly if I were you as you get your training.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson