[nabs-l] blackboard features

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 15:57:19 UTC 2011

You need to be using black borad 9.1

-----Original Message-----
From: bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sent: 1/9/2011 3:04:22 AM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: [nabs-l] blackboard features
Hi all,

I heard you say blackboard is pretty accessible.  I used it a little so far to obtain class announcements and documents.  But I will need it more because of an online class and my communication prof uses it a lot.
Are these features accessible?  The discussion board? Taking tests?  Reading other students' comments / work?

If you had access problems what accomodations did you have?  Did you do an alternative assignment?
My school has blackboard 9 and I am using jaws 12.
Thanks.
Ashley