[nabs-l] waver

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 03:01:45 UTC 2011

Rob,
Good point.  NFB members probably won't agree.  They think waving a class
says we're unequal and can't compete.  I think we have to try to get
accomodations.  To Josh's cridit he said he could use another screen reader
to facilitate his access but he can't buy the screen reader which led him to
propose renting the screen reader; good idea.

But yeah I see what you're saying; if the  class is real visual and has
nothing to do with your interests or major, should you get a waver?
I don't know. Part of me says no since you are not meeting college
requirements; the other part says yes.
For instance if you constantly use a reader to input data in the computer
and have to have everything read, described, and written in for you, is it
really worth it? Are you really feeling the benefit and equal anyway to your
peers?
I'd say if you do get a waver then have a course substitution for another
class.

BTW to fulfill
the performing arts requirement, I took acting, a basic acting class that
met once a week.  Turned out to be fun.  I didn't like memorizing lines
though.

Ashley