[nabs-l] waver

Josh Kennedy jkenn337 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 03:13:18 UTC 2011

Hi

Guys why not give NVDA 2010.2 a chance? It has video hooks, you can
script it, its free, its open source! So to tell you the truth guys I
have been using NVDA as my primary screen reader for a year or so now.
And since it got video hooks and an off-screen display model its great!
Oh and if I don't like a certain hotkey I can change it. It has a
pronunciation dictionary and many configurable options. And if you know
python you can script it to your heart's content. My point is if
supernova can be and has been scripted for ms-project then why not
NVDA2010.2 and later snapshots? Imagine NVDA coming with tons of
scripts. Imagine NVDA being the primary screen reader that state
agencies recommend. If you want Jaws in Spanish that's an extra expense.
Want NVDA2010.2 and later in spanish?
1. press insert control g for the general dialog.
2 arrow down in the language interface combo box to spanish, tab to ok
and hit enter. when prompted to restart nvda say yes. now switch ESpeak
or your sapi4 or sapi5 synthesizer to spanish and you got yourself a
spanish screen reader with spanish help files and spanish everything.
Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Maybe I am thinking too big! yes
thats it I'm thinking too big! oh heck my primary screen reader has
video hooks and an off-screen model, a review cursor the ability to
click mouse with the review cursor. and it can be scripted. so, anyone
out there anyone know python? anyone can script ms-object for nvda? Why
should I make voc rehab buy supernova? What if NVDA once scripted can
provide the same access that supernova provides?

Josh