[nabs-l] Filling out forms

Brice Smith brice.smith319 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 07:56:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm struggling with how to fill out already created forms and
documents, even when an electronic copy is available. I'm referring to
any type of paper where you must insert data in blank spaces including
job applications and various other forms. When I open an application
or form in Microsoft Word they often include a long series of
underlines and seemingly random tabs throughout the document. With a
screen reader, everything appears to run together. I've been told that
Trying to type text in the document can mess up the visual alignment
and layout of the form. What's the best way to handle this? Do I
remove all the markings  and clean up the document as best I can? A
small excerpt from a form I'm trying to fill out is pasted in its
original form from Word below. I don't know if there is a simple
solution I'm overlooking, but I find it hard to manipulate these forms
and add data.

-----

Sources of this information:   	(Check all that apply)
	___TV        				___ Local Agency Website
___RADIO				___ Larger / Parent Agency Website
___NEWSPAPER        		___ Text, Face book, Spam Email, Tweet
___ OTHER (please be specific):  ______________________________________

Please rate the following 1 – 5

Ease of access to this information  _____	  Ease of finding specific
info needed	_____