[nabs-l] braille certification

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 15:49:32 UTC 2011

I'm going to jump on here and ask a question I've been meaning to ask
for awhile. How does a blind person get a certification in Braille
transcription? Doesn't the course require that you transcribe print
into Braille? If you cann't see print at all, what is the
accommodation for the Braille transcription course and test?

I also want to become certificed in Braille transcription, towards a
career as a TVi (teacher of the blind and visually impaired), and I
think certification in Braille is an important part of that career.

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!