[nabs-l] A phone question for all of you sprint users.

Ashley cumbiambera2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 09:31:54 UTC 2011

Darian,
I have a phone that I use it is called a rumor. it works pretty well,
and is accessible right out of the box. What they were able to do for
me at the store was put it into a voice mode, where a built-in thing
sort of like a screen reader would then read me everything. Granted
there are some things that this phone does not read me, but basic
things such as managing contacts, knowing who's calling, and some of
the menus, are read aloud. It is actually very good considering there
isn't a need to put a screen reader on there. I was also pretty amazed
at how when I had to get my number changed, it was able to read me
everything that needed to be read in order for me to do what the agent
was asking me to on the phone. So overall I think it's a pretty good
phone. The only down thing about this phone is that there is only one
ringtone that works with the voice caller ID. But other than that, i
have not had any problems with it so far. The alarm is also a bit
challenging but playing around with it you'll find most things doable,
but most importantly, all of the basic things one would need are
there. It also has a keyboard that slides out from the bottom and I
find it a lot easier to use for putting in contacts. So, while the
phone still has some flaws as to what it may or may not read, I think
it's actually pretty good for being accessible right out of the box,
and if you're looking for something that would at least give you basic
access, then i highly recommend it.