[nabs-l] social security and jobs

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 22:53:09 UTC 2011

Hi Josh,
This is a personal issue; nothing to do with nfb chapters; ssi is low; when you make your own living, you can move or do what ever you want with your life.  SSI may give you a small pay check to live on and free medical care, but not a good livelyhood; go to college, get a job and you can have the independent life you want off the government's paycheck.

Why say publicly you want more ssi and you know that won't change?
This is a bit personal and I'm sure none of us nabsters can help.
Make the most of what you have; the more you say "what if" the more depressed things will look.
As for finding where IT jobs are, why rely just on one blind friend?  Research it yourself online at the dept of labor site; research jobs on a local
job wesite; in my area its dcjobs.com.
You need to network and do some research; why not go to a career center somewhere; go to job fairs.
Get out and look for jobs.  Posting on facebook and linked in is not going to help too much.

Ashley