[nabs-l] question about NLS WebBraille

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 19:01:14 UTC 2011

  Chris, there is no Download button on Web Braille. Instead, when you
are taken to the book itself, just press Space with s on your Braille
Note and you will be prompted for where you would like to save the
file and what you would like to name it. NLS saves each braille volume
of a book in a separate file, so you will have to do this multiple
times if you are dealing with a book that is in more than one volume.
I have been a Web Braille user for many years and find it a great
resource, although I have come to rely on Bookshare more in the past
few years for pleasure reading since it has a much larger, more
current collection.
  Lea, I don't think you are doing anything wrong on your end-- It
might be a NLS database issue. I would suggest contacting your state
NLS library again and see if they can get you some  sort of technical
support contact info. Someone from the central program that
administers the Web Braille service might need to look into your
situation.
  Hope this helps!
   Katie