[nabs-l] rights as blind students and responsibilities of universities

Anjelina anjelinac26 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:36:34 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I hope all who attended convention had a great time. The stream was very informative.
My University has gradually migrated to a system called Banner self service. All students are required to use the system for scheduling, financial aid, updating information among other functions. The site is not fully accessible. Even with Safari and Voiceover, JAWS with Firefox and IE9 I'm unable to activate buttons or links. I've contacted the ds office and the tech office. This might be a silly question but I'm wondering how much time is reasonable to give to see significant change?
AAs a blind student is it unreasonable to request JAWS in the library, or am I responsible for providing a key? I've always just taken my laptop with me when having to do group work which is a work around.
Thanks for your input.

Anjelina
Sent from my iPhone