[nabs-l] Vocational rehab

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 19:13:00 UTC 2011

Hi Josh,
A lot of us have had similar difficulties. I am not sure if you can
get rehab to pay the difference between in-state and out-of-state
tuition, but they should at least pay in-state tuition or provide
whatever other services they would provide if you were staying in
Arkansas (equipment, etc.)
If you haven't already, I would advise asking Dr. Edward Bell, who
runs the LATech program, to write a letter on your behalf. He himself
attended school in Arkansas, and should be familiar with the policies
there. You can reach him at
ebell at latech.edu
Dr. Bell helped me personally with getting my agency in AZ to pay for
me to go to the Louisiana Center for the Blind, and his involvement
made a big difference in moving my case forward. Good luck!
Arielle