[nabs-l] Accessible phones for the blind through sprint and t mobile

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 04:51:59 UTC 2011

Hi, Humberto,
  To my knowledge, neither T-mobile or Sprint has any cell phones with
text-to-speech capabilities right out of the box. You can, however,
find many unlocked phones on EBay and other websites that are on the
supported phone list for Talks or Mobile Speak, which you can purchase
for use with your T-mobile service plan (this is what I did recently).
The situation with Sprint may be a little different since it does not
belong to the GSM network and might have special restrictions in terms
of its compatibility with unlocked phones, but I'm not sure about
that. Hope this helps!
   Katie