[nabs-l] Cab Drivers Talking on Their Cell Phones

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 18 17:16:20 UTC 2011

Good morning, Kerri, and other list folk,

I tend to agree with you about drivers on their phones. I try to
reverse the situation, for perspective's sake. I personally would
probably not talk on the phone because I wouldn't want my passenger
to feel slighted, during their ride. I also believe strongly in being
fully, present during all activities. Each activity ought to be
celebrated, and a person ought to give their complete attention, if
such a thing is possible. I am not for a moment  saying I never get
distracted or am not fully attentive, god knows even I am subject to
such earthliness!

I don't think of people on their phones being  much my business.
Driver knows how he would like to do his job and what impression he
envisions his passenger's having of both his job, and the ride.

for today,
Carit's a person calling the driver for a personal request