[nabs-l] Fwd: Reminder-Upcoming Seminars: NO COOK Cooking! and Going Ape for Apps-Hot New Accessible Apps for Your iDevice

Gloria G gloria.graves at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:15:41 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have just a couple of thoughts on the seminar on cooking that occurred. I
just want to say I don't feel anyone meant any harm when preparing the
seminar. I don't think it was meant to suggest that because people are blind
their cooking skills are inadequate. I think it was just a seasonal thing
and just a way to make things easier due to everyone's sometime busy
schedules. I don't think we as blind people should take offense to
everything that comes along, and I also read the comment where someone said
members of the NFB do not like to use adaptive techniques sometimes, but I
feel the reality for blind people is that we will have to use adaptive
techniques to maintain our independence, so embrace it and keep living.
Gloria