[nabs-l] [Blindtlk] Facebook's chat system

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 23 20:13:23 UTC 2011

Thanks.
I definitely should have mentioned that I use JAWS 12.  I apologize for
that.

I appreciate the answers to finding alternatives to the regular site.
Because you guys are only talking about alternatives rather than answering
the direct question, am I to assume that the chat feature is either very
challenging or inaccessible?
Someone gave me a wonderful explanation of the layout of the chat area, and
I appreciate that!  Thank you!

So, let me narrow it down just a bit...mainly so as not to clutter this list
with mail.
Are other JAWS users using this chat feature, and if so, what are some tips?

I appreciate the answers from others, but now rather than asking the general
question, I'll get very specifically and taylor it more to screen reader
users (mainly JAWS) who are using the actual Facebook site and not
alternative clients or chat programs.  If it is indeed useable, then why not
try it before downloading extra clients?
Thanks again!

Jim