[nabs-l] GPS Products aned Software

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 20:29:35 UTC 2011

Does the Trekker allow you to mark locations (for example, say I want
to mark the local library as alocation) and then plan routes to that
location? Which GPS units or apps allow the user to plan a route and
get step-by-step spoken directions?

I know, lots of quetstons, but I'm boggled by the number and
variations of chioces. Someone mentioned there is a built-in GPS in
the iPhone. how does that workk? Does it allow you to pinpoint
destinations and have it announce them as you pass, or does it only do
pre-panned routes? Is it basically like the TomTom, but for
pedestrians, where you plug in th eaddress and it gives turn-by-turn
directions?

~Jewel, who is full of questions today!