[nabs-l] toshiba dvd drive problems

Marvin Hunkin startrekcafe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:29:21 UTC 2011

hi.
i listen to a lot of audio books.
and my dvd drive is not working that great.
when i try to burn data cds, using express burn, windows media player, i get an error, when trying to verify the burn.
and now, looks like one of my burned data cds, is jumping around, when i was on my treadmill, and next to my jvc boom box.
so will have to copy the cd to my hard disk.
got some new cd -r, blank cds.
so, wondering, when my windows vista machine boots up, and looking to upgrade to windows 7 professional on a toshiba a300 satellite psag4a - 2300, model number 48059630q.
and the dvd spins up, but the cd or dvd, it tries to spins, but 80% of the time, does not spin up.
so wondering, could my drive be diry, or the lazer out of alignment.
and i do not have a credit card or pay pal.
so how to fix this.
would a custom install of windows 7 professional, fix this dvd drive problem.
have a matshita dvd ram drive.
marvin.
ps: please help me out if possible.
also, what usb or wireless usb headset is able to use, and where to purchase in australia for a blind person?
and not the most delicate.
and how much is a student version of adobe cs5 creative suite and where to purchase in australia or where could i get it free?