[nabs-l] JAWS problem with new laptop

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 06:02:41 UTC 2011

Hello,

I recently got a new laptop running windows 7 64-bit. I set it up and
everything, and then I installed my JAWS software and everything seemed to
work fine. Suddenly, once I restarted my laptop, it was coming with an
"error reporting" message and it would not start. So--my laptop boots up,
and it starts everything but then I, according to the windows built-in
narrator, get a message that goes like this:
"Application file for JAWS: this program stopped working. windows can check
online to see about a solution." there were two buttons, "close program" and
"go online for a solution and close program" but I don't know what exactly
is happening with JAWS and my instillation.

Now I have a question: if I ever want to uninstall and reinstall JAWS from
my same installation and activation CD, does that kill my license? Can I
still enter and activate my license, or does that delete it forever? Do I
have to get another license? I'm really afraid that my license is lost with
reinstallation and that I'd have to acquire another. It is the latest
version of JAWS that I'm using. any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Humberto

                  --
Humberto Avila
Please consider the environment Before Printing this email.