[nabs-l] Excel 2010 Question

Dennis Clark dennisgclark at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 2 03:01:50 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,
I appreciate hearing that you are having success using Excel with Jaws 12.
We have the latest version of Jaws 12, and we are using Windows 7.  However,
I think I have uncovered the problem thanks to Jaws tech support.  The
version of Office 2010 we are using is the downloadable 60 day trial version
of Office 2010 which Microsoft offers, and it turns out that it isn't really
Office 2010.  After many efforts by tech support to resolve the problem, the
tech support representative had us press insert q, and we all discovered
that Jaws had loaded the configuration file for Excel 2007, not 2010.  This
was not a mistake where Jaws loaded the wrong configuration file, but rather
that Microsoft is actually identifying this trial product as 2010 when it
really isn't.  We will have Office 2010 tomorrow thanks to Amazon, so we
will install it, and hopefully Excel will perform as it should.  I am
comforted to know that Excel 2010 will work with Jaws 12 based on your
experience.
All the best,
Dennis