[nabs-l] I clicker

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Thu Jun 2 15:59:02 UTC 2011

I have used one. The device itself is mostly useable. It has 5 buttons
labeled A through E, and a power button. What it's generally used for
are in class questions and that sort of thing.

There are a couple things that can be difficult. Setting the frequency
the device communicates on requires you look at the lights on the
device, but a person could just memorize the sequence or else have
someone help them do it. It's not something you have to do often, and I
could talk a person through setting the right frequency without sight if
necessary since I've done it myself a time or ten.

The only other potential difficulty would be that the device indicates a
successful transmission with a green light and an unsuccessful one with
a blinking red light. That may or may not be a problem for your friend
depending on the situation. Usually the unsuccessful transmission thing
doesn't happen if the device is set to the right frequency and
registered with the base the instructor is using, and the instructor has
the base set up to receive transmissions.
--
"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E. P. Box
Joseph C. Lininger, <jbahm at pcdesk.net>