[nabs-l] Roommate

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 10 02:39:56 UTC 2011

Hello Rachael and everyone,

    Did you check with your affiliate to see if anyone would let you room
with them? We asked this same question of someone from New York in 2001 and
she told us know. The good hearted people we are we allowed her to stay with
us-- a very, very, bad mistake! Today a plea like this for a room sends
those red flags flying high in our minds!

    I realize that rooms are at a premium for this year's national
convention. Here's hoping you can find a roommate. And for God's sakes treat
them with the respect and dignity they deserve for allowing you to stay with
them . And if you have issues between each other don't try to tangle with
them at 1:30 in the morning!

    This is the tenth anniversary of the national convention that went very
wrong for us in 2001. We're very careful who rooms with us. I just don't
want to see anyone else have to go through what we went through that year
due to bad decisions where roommates are concerned. Here's hoping everyone
has a wonderful and hassle-free convention. Now let's all go Sorin!

Peter Donahue