[nabs-l] calculators

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 14 00:48:36 UTC 2011

Hi, Annemarie,

         I am taking simple algebra next semester, after completing
pre-algebra last Fall and  have taken arithmetic last semester.

Because the instructors of those courses didn't allow calculators on
tests I do not use braille, so I have been pursuing knowledge of the
abacus. I hope one day to get so familiar with the abacus that,
calculators are not necessary for the execution of complicated math.

Personally, I'd rather have a hand in figuring out complicated math
language and not entrusting a calculator as someone might trust a
sighted guide.
Good luck!
for today,
Car