[nabs-l] draft 2 - complete section with amendment

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 15:50:37 UTC 2011

Hi George,
That's a good question. When people come to the NABS business meeting
and  pay their dues, they are given a set of ballots. Only people who
stop by the registration table and give our treasurer their $5 get
ballots. I think this is a pretty good way of ensuring that only paid
members vote.
Sure, we can allow people to pay throughout the year and create a
tracking system. I think that is a good idea. However, once they've
paid, if they want to vote online, how do we prove they've paid
beforehand?
It might work if people pay their $5 online right before the election.
But even then, I worry about hackers and other fancy computer gimmicks
that might game the system.
Arielle

nabs.president at gmail.com
Website: