[nabs-l] proposition for amendment to constitution

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 02:49:31 UTC 2011

Courtney, there was at least as much fraud in 2008 as the previous
two presidential elections.  The reason why 2008 was not the circus
the previous elections were is that Obama clearly carried by such a
wide margin that the obvious fraud in the election could not have
changed the outcome for either party.

The only electronic voting system I’ve seen not prone to tampering
and voter integrity issues is the Automark, because it marks a paper
ballot which is then counted.

If each student in the organization had a digital credential with
cryptographic security issued by NABS at the time you pay dues, that
credential could sign your ballot electronically.  Until you lose it
in a hard drive crash, of course.  Then how do you replace it in such
a way that NABS knows the replacement credential is going to you and
only you?

I’ve nothing useful to add regarding the non-technical aspects, but I
certainly do not dispute a thing you said about them.

Joseph