[nabs-l] proposition for amendment to constitution

Courtney Stover liamskitten at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:56:43 UTC 2011

Jorge,

Unfortunately, this really is a "Life's not fair" scenario.

Criptographics are horrendously expensive, which is why Joseph is
saying they aren't logical.

While the NFB does have considerable funds, we have to decide whether
we want those funds to go toward advancing the lives of all blind
people, including nonmembers, or getting more votes on policies.  It's
a scenario where even people who don't vote can be assisted by our
policies, if we have the funds to advance them.

This entire situation reminds me of what happened to a Hollywood
scriptwriter once.  He wrote this scene with horsed knights battling
at Stone Hinge.  The director came to him and essentially said: look
buddy, you can have the knights or Stone Hinge.  We can iether pour
buckets of money in to having a wider voting pool, and end up with
many of our policies becoming little more than hot air, or we can have
large impact policies.

And Joseph, excellent point about 08 fraud; those were just the
elections I thought people would be most familiar with *smile*
Courtney