[nabs-l] Accessible Currency

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:30:37 UTC 2011

Arielle,

I heard many Federationists say, during the ACB lawsuit, that
changing the money to be identified by us would cost blind people
jobs by causing sighted people to think that we couldn’t handle the
most basic tasks involved in business, such as sorting and
identifying money.

Quite the contrary, I said: A money supply readily identifiable by
the blind will OPEN jobs, because we no longer have to explain to the
sighted public how we do it.  They can see the identification
mechanism for themselves.  They aren’t going to hire us to do
something they cannot imagine us doing.  That is why it’s so
important for us to be willing to discuss in an interview HOW we do
things.

Only twice have I ever had someone short change me.  Once was a
deliberate effort, and it got the cashier fired.  The other I believe
to have been a simple miscount.

Joseph