[nabs-l] [Nonetheless] Threw Our Eyes interview, Ride into History, Race for Independence, Wed. June 22, 8:00 pm EDT

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 04:11:35 UTC 2011

A thermometer.  And if you’re flipping burgers at a fast food
restaurant, there’s a precise method of cooking burgers anyway that
is set-and-forget.  Burger King, one of the most "normal cooking
like" of chains,  has them run through a broiler on a conveyer, for
example.

I hear on this list a whole lot of excuses for why a blind person
can’t do something.  Are we truly as blind people this helpless?  I
was under the general impression I was in the National Federation of
the Blind for some reason.  The NFB I was raised in answers "You
can’t do it" with "You just watch us find a way!"  What happened?

Joseph