[nabs-l] Announcing the 14th Annual Mock Trial

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Thu Jun 30 21:49:19 UTC 2011

Here yee, here yee, the National Association of Blind Lawyers is pleased to bring you the 14th Annual Mock Trial where we take an old case affecting the rights of the blind and reenact it to provide both education and entertainment.  This year we will be trying the case of Mrs. Dee Voute  Robinson v. the Benevolent Works.  This social agency refused to hire a highly qualified blind, licensed social worker because  of her blindness.  The agency says that a blind counselor can't counsel effectively because it is necessary to read body language and it would be impossible for a blind therapist to do home visits.

  We have  a special guest witness this year.  Father John Sheehan of the Xavier Society for the Blind will be staring in one of our roles.  The admission to the trial is only $5 and you won't be disappointed.  Come join us on Monday, July 4th, at 4:15 pm in the Panzacola G-1 Ballroom located on Level 1 of the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort.

Regards,
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.
President, National Association of Blind Lawyers

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979 (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
slabarre at labarrelaw.com (e-mail)
www.labarrelaw.com (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the designated recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute or retain this message. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender at 303) 504-5979 or slabarre at labarrelaw.com, and destroy and delete it from your system. This message and any attachments are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.