[nabs-l] working with kids

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:04:10 UTC 2011

Hi Ashley,

I am not sure what age range you are interested in working with, but perhaps you might want to look into helping out at one of the summer youth programs at one of the training centers. I think this could help you gain some experience as well as some confidence in trying to obtain a job amongst the sighted population. I do not know if you have attended any of the training centers yourself, but if you have not, then perhaps now might be a good time to look into it as you search for job possibilities. However, I also know that training centers are not necessarily for everyone, so if you choose not to go this route, then I think no less of you. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck.

Elizabeth