[nabs-l] 2011 NFB of Massachusetts State Convention Program

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:21:09 UTC 2011

Please forward to interested parties. I highly recommend all blind students
attend the NFB of Massachusetts State Convention

The 58th annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Massachusetts will take place Friday March 25th - Sunday March 27th, 2011,
and this will be great year for the Student Division!  The convention
provides a wonderful opportunity to network with blind students and
professionals from all over the state.

There will be two important gatherings of the Massachusetts Association of
Blind Students (MassABS).  Our Division meeting will be on Friday evening,
and we will have a luncheon meeting on Saturday.

Join us for enlightening speakers, informational sessions, and the
opportunity to participate in elections of a new MassABS board as we shape
our goals and policies for the upcoming year!   Try to attend the entire
weekend, but if you can only make it for part of the time, plan to attend
the MassABS meetings on Friday night and Saturday lunch.

The Massachusetts Association of Blind Students provides a setting where
blind students can come together through meetings and social events. MassABS
is open to all Massachusetts students (at any educational level) including
non-traditional students. MassABS also provides information for any person
who is interested in resources and techniques utilized by Massachusetts
students even if they are not blind, not a member of the NFB, etc..

MassABS also sponsors an email list (open to both members and non-members),
which allows the Massachusetts Association of Blind Students to communicate
between meetings.  This list is used to post events, announcements,
fundraisers, and more.   Most importantly, the list will be used to help the
students of Massachusetts to network, discuss, solve, and discover new
methods to resolve various questions. To join the list please visit
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/massabs_nfbnet.org or, you can look
up the Massachusetts Association of Blind Students on FaceBook or MassABS on
twitter.

This year's meeting will be at the DoubleTree Boston - Westborough, a
perfect venue for our convention, with excellent meeting rooms and
accommodations with wireless access.

Registration information for the conference, the full conference schedule
and booking information for the hotel are all attached.

You can stay overnight, but it is not required. If you can't afford a room,
I can find an attendee that would be willing to have a roommate.

DoubleTree Boston - Westborough
5400 Computer Drive
Westborough,  Massachusetts 01581
Reservations Telephone: 800-222-8733
Web Reservations:
http://bit.ly/nfbma2011hotel
Group Code: nfb
Group Name: National Federation of the Blind
Room Rate: $89.00 plus applicable tax

For more information please check out:
National Federation of the Blind of Massachusetts, Inc.
61 Middle St. #2
South Boston, MA 02127
Telephone: 617-752-1116
Email: info at nfbmass.org