[nabs-l] NFB training centers and guide dogs

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Tue May 10 02:01:44 UTC 2011

at the LCB, they require that you use the NFB straight cane for all on
and off hours while in training. But when you put a dog in the mix,
they ask you to use the straight cane if you plan on using a cane more
than a dog. If you must use a cane while using a dog (i.e. for
varification or something), they probably want you using the
telescoping cane because it has more of the properties that make the
straight hollow fiberglass cane such a great tool than do the
conventional folding canes.

Respectfully Submitted