[nabs-l] NFB training centers and guide dogs

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Tue May 10 01:58:59 UTC 2011

Kirt,

How on Earth do you figure you'll be able to attend CCB if you are
having a hard enough time getting a 6-week window open for guide dog
training? You do realize that CCB training takes six to nine months, right?

But here's the other thing. You can get a guide dog at just about any
time in your life, but annecdotal experience from a lot of folks
suggests that major transition points (like from high school to college
or from college to work) are the best times to do blindness training.
So yeah, i'd focus on that blindness training first. Just my thoughts.

Respectfully,
Jedi