[nabs-l] A blind Fulbright grantee's question

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:48:46 UTC 2011

I am surprised every time I hear people saying that they need to use human readers... In my university everything is put in word format for me including textbooks, assignments, exams and everything else. They have a few laptops with JAWS installed and a couple of Macs which do not have internet access and can be used to take exams. Why would I ever need a reader?
I guess my question is if people use readers because they like using them or because there is no other choice? I have never used a reader before, but can only imagine how annoying it would be...